SL RIEDEL Stemless Wings + Decanter
This is a special set of 4 pieces SL RIEDEL Stemless Wings Cabernet and 1 RIEDEL Decanter Merlot.
The Cabernet Sauvignon glass is perfect for full-bodied, complex red wines that are high in tannin.
The glass allows the bouquet to develop fully, and smooths out the rough edges. It emphasises the fruit, playing down the bitter qualities of the tannin, and allows wines to achieve balance.
This glass was redesigned by Georg Riedel in 2020 to ensure its smaller size maintains the delicate and important characteristics of each wine.
The Merlot decanter is a perfect starter piece for one with a growing love of wine.
This everyday piece will easily demonstrate the improvement decanting can make on wine, and is suitable for both young and old wines. It is also dishwasher safe.
This decanter is designed for a single bottle of wine.
Experience the unique curvature of SL RIEDEL Stemless Wings, following the release of our incredibly popular collection RIEDEL Winewings in 2020.
This stemless creation is the perfect complement to the original stemmed series, featuring three stemless wine tumblers crafted by 10th generation Georg Riedel. To ensure the tumblers sit comfortably within the drinker's hand, each Grape Varietal shape required a set of new prototypes to determine how much the glass could be reduced while maintaining the delicate and important characteristics of each wine.
This pack contains 5 pieces. Machine-made and dishwasher safe.
Brunello di Montalcino, Bordeaux (red), Cabernet Sauvignon, St. Emilion, Listrac, Moulis, Margaux, St. Estèphe, Cabernet Franc, Fronsac, Petit Verdot, Montepulciano, Merlot, Médoc, Graves rouge, St. Julien, Pomerol, Pessac Leognan (Rouge)
Year of design 2021
Box quantity 5.0
Type of Manufacturing machine-made
- RIEDEL glasses are dishwasher safe. RIEDEL exclusively recommends MIELE
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass
- Wash at boiling temperature (to kill bacteria) with odorless soap
- Should be machine washed at min. 170° F/75° C
- Never use fabric softener when rinsing your microfiber polishing cloth (avoids grease film on surface)