Caution – the indented design feature of this decanter must not be used as a handle. Do not insert any item into the indented area.
RIEDEL Decanter Face To Face
Caution - the indented design feature of this decanter must not be used as a handle. Do not insert your hand or any item into the indented area. The soaring Face to Face decanter features two concave profiles facing one another in the interior of the vessel. These are the profiles of the 11th generation RIEDELs, Laetizia and Maximilian, and this innovative element doubles as both a bold design and as paddles.
With its long graceful neck, this decanter is ideal for invigorating young wines. By shaking the wine until a foam cap develops, it achieves the maximum effect of oxygen on young tannins.
Like the rest of the Black Tie collection, Face to Face is dressed up with a black tuxedo stripe that extends gracefully from top to bottom. This is achieved by introducing a rod of black crystal into the molten glass before the decanter has been formed.
This decanter is designed for a single bottle of wine.
This pack contains a single piece.
This product is handmade. Please handwash only.
The RIEDEL Bottle Cleaner cannot be used with this product as they can become lodged and unable to remove.
Year of design 2009
Volume 1766.0 ccm
Height 600.0 mm
Box quantity 1.0
Type of Manufacturing handmade
- RIEDEL glasses are dishwasher safe. RIEDEL exclusively recommends MIELE
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass
- Wash at boiling temperature (to kill bacteria) with odorless soap
- Should be machine washed at min. 170° F/75° C
- Never use fabric softener when rinsing your microfiber polishing cloth (avoids grease film on surface)
There are two reasons why we decant wines:
- Decant an older wine to separate it from its sediment.
- Decant a younger wine to increase aeration, revealing more complexity, and opening up aromas and flavors.
On the palate, decanted wine expresses higher levels of fruit in red wines and tends to integrate and smooth out tannins.
We offer a wide range of elegant machine-blown and extravagant hand-made decanters to honor good wines with the treatment they deserve.
Every hand-made product is crafted by highly talented master glass blowers, using glass making techniques which date back more than 2000 years.
All decanters are made from crystal glass suitable for every lifestyle and available at every price range.
Every single decanter is a must-have for wine lovers.
Frequently asked questions
All current produced items are made of crystal glass and lead free.
For a perfect result:
- Wash under warm water, detergent is not necessary.
- Place on line to drain for the time begin.
- For extra shine, steam over boiling water.
To polish use microfiber polishing cloths: Hold glass by base and polish. Use left hand to cradle the bowl and polish with your right hand. Never twist the base and bowl.
To avoid scratches: Avoid contact with other glass or metal. lf available use a stemware rack.
To avoid stains: Use soft water (low mineral content).
To remove stains: Use white vinegar.