All RIEDEL glasses are dishwasher safe, excluding VINUM GOLD and VINUM PLATINUM. For perfect glass care, RIEDEL exclusively recommends using a Miele dishwasher. In adherence with the manufacturer‘s instructions, a Miele dishwasher ensures the long lasting brilliance of your fine RIEDEL glassware. For more information, visit www.mieleglasscare.com
RIEDEL Sommeliers Black Tie Mature Bordeaux
The Chablis glass is perfect for allowing white wines to express their freshness, spiciness, and mineral characters.
This glass is designed so the Chablis variety's low acidity is delivered in a way that sets off the alcohol and rich flavours of the wine. The shape highlights its velvety, supple texture, emphasizing the fruit and ensuring a long, balanced finish.
This pack contains a single glass.
Handmade and dishwasher safe.
Ribolla Gialla, Pessac Leognan (Blanc), Vermouth, Chardonnay (unoaked), Condrieu, Sauvignon Blanc (unoaked), Pinot (Blanc, Grigio, Gris), Grenache Blanc/Granacha Blanca, Albariño, Muscadet, Verdicchio, Trebbiano, Côtes du Rhône Blanc, Fallanghina, Cortese, Fiano, Neuburger, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (blanc), Orvieto Classico, Macabeo, Aligoté, Fumé Blanc, Viognier, Morillon (oaked), Bordeaux (mature), Hermitage (Blanc), Sémillon, Muscadine, Montagny, St. Joseph (White), Palomino (except Sherry), Soave, Melon de Bourgogne (Muscadet), Graves blanc, Marsanne, Vin de Savoie (blanc), Bordeaux (white)
Year of design 2008
Volume 350.0 ccm
Height 242.0 mm
Box quantity 1.0
Type of Manufacturing handmade
- RIEDEL glasses are dishwasher safe. RIEDEL exclusively recommends MIELE
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass
- Wash at boiling temperature (to kill bacteria) with odorless soap
- Should be machine washed at min. 170° F/75° C
- Never use fabric softener when rinsing your microfiber polishing cloth (avoids grease film on surface)
Sommeliers Black Tie
SOMMELIERS BLACK TIE was launched in 2008 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the iconic SOMMELIERS Burgundy Grand Cru glass. The Red Wine glasses are distinguished by a tall black stem and the White Wine glasses feature a black base, making this one of our most exciting collections.
Frequently asked questions
All current produced items are made of crystal glass and lead free.
For a perfect result:
- Wash under warm water, detergent is not necessary.
- Place on line to drain for the time begin.
- For extra shine, steam over boiling water.
To polish use microfiber polishing cloths: Hold glass by base and polish. Use left hand to cradle the bowl and polish with your right hand. Never twist the base and bowl.
To avoid scratches: Avoid contact with other glass or metal. lf available use a stemware rack.
To avoid stains: Use soft water (low mineral content).
To remove stains: Use white vinegar.
We do not have measurements to offer on each glass in regards to the thinness of the lip, but all RIEDEL glasses are beautiful thin blown crystal. Our rims are “cut”, which allows the wine to flow smoothly onto the tongue vs. being “rolled” which obstructs the smooth flow of the wine which accentuates acidity and harshness.