While both collections offer our grape varietal specific functionality, the Vinum collection is Riedel’s first machine-made line introduced 1986. Riedel Veritas is our newer collection which is 15% taller than Vinum but 25% lighter and finer. With Riedel Veritas, Riedel has been able to accomplish a glass of unsurpassed thinness and lightness, which combines the charm of a handmade glass with the consistent accuracy only a machine-made glass can achieve.
RIEDEL Veritas Restaurant Sauvignon Blanc
The Sauvignon Blanc glass is perfect for all styles of this variety, from the grassy, fruit-forward wines of the Marlborough to the oak-aged, honeyed blends from Bordeaux.
To celebrate the 20-year anniversary of the very first Sauvignon Blanc glass, RIEDEL released a new glass shape for this aromatic white wine. RIEDEL collaborated with various regions including Marlborough, New Zealand, to design the new product to suit the variety’s evolving New World style. This glass is also recommended for dessert wines.
Machine-made and dishwasher safe.
Coulée de Serrant, Muskat-Ottonel, Chenin Blanc, Gelber Muskateller, Furmint, Pouilly Fumé, Malvazija Istriana, Sauvignon Blanc (unoaked), Timorasso, Loire (Blanc), Dessertwine, Zierfandler, Tokaji (dry), Ausbruch, Tokaji (sweet), Chasselas, Traminer, Loupiac, Vins Liquoreux, Muskateller, Monbazillac, Jurançon moelleux, Barsac, Sancerre, Bacchus, Sylvaner, Recioto di Soave, Blanc du Bois, Greco di Tufo, Gewürztraminer, Lambrusco, Auslese (sweet), Vouvray, Beerenauslese, Müller-Thurgau, Quarts de Chaume, Malagousia, Trockenbeerenauslese
Year of design 2017
Volume 440.0 ccm
Height 235.0 mm
Box quantity 1.0
Type of Manufacturing machine-made
- RIEDEL glasses are dishwasher safe. RIEDEL exclusively recommends MIELE
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass
- Wash at boiling temperature (to kill bacteria) with odorless soap
- Should be machine washed at min. 170° F/75° C
- Never use fabric softener when rinsing your microfiber polishing cloth (avoids grease film on surface)
Riedel Veritas Restaurant
Frequently asked questions
All current produced items are made of crystal glass and lead free.
For a perfect result:
- Wash under warm water, detergent is not necessary.
- Place on line to drain for the time begin.
- For extra shine, steam over boiling water.
To polish use microfiber polishing cloths: Hold glass by base and polish. Use left hand to cradle the bowl and polish with your right hand. Never twist the base and bowl.
To avoid scratches: Avoid contact with other glass or metal. lf available use a stemware rack.
To avoid stains: Use soft water (low mineral content).
To remove stains: Use white vinegar.
We do not have measurements to offer on each glass in regards to the thinness of the lip, but all RIEDEL glasses are beautiful thin blown crystal. Our rims are “cut”, which allows the wine to flow smoothly onto the tongue vs. being “rolled” which obstructs the smooth flow of the wine which accentuates acidity and harshness.