All current produced items are made of crystal glass and lead free.
RIEDEL Altitude Matters Decanter
The brilliantly modern Altitude Matters Decanter presents a classic RIEDEL design with a new twist: the profile of the Kaiser Mountains in Tyrol, Austria.
This stunning mountain range has been the backdrop of nearly the last decade of history for the Riedel family, only a short drive from the RIEDEL Head Office and handmade factory. Fittingly, this profile sits with a redesign of the Tyrol decanter, which debuted in 2007 to commemorate the family rebuilding their dynasty in Tyrol following WWII.
Slightly smaller than the original Tyrol, the eye-catching shape of this decanter makes it ideal for younger wines. Its wide base ensures optimum aeration while the angled lip guarantees an easy pour.
This decanter is designed to hold a single bottle of wine.
This product is handmade. Please handwash only.
The RIEDEL Bottle Cleaner cannot be used with this product as they can become lodged and unable to remove. Our master glassmakers individually craft each item so every piece has a unique character. Due to the nature of crafting, small tolerances in the size and weight of each product, tiny bubbles, imperfections, or slight surface variations are an acceptable part of the process.
This pack contains a single piece.
Year of design 2021
Volume 750.0 ccm
Height 185.0 mm
Box quantity 1.0
Type of Manufacturing handmade
- RIEDEL glasses are dishwasher safe. RIEDEL exclusively recommends MIELE
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass
- Wash at boiling temperature (to kill bacteria) with odorless soap
- Should be machine washed at min. 170° F/75° C
- Never use fabric softener when rinsing your microfiber polishing cloth (avoids grease film on surface)
There are two reasons why we decant wines:
- Decant an older wine to separate it from its sediment.
- Decant a younger wine to increase aeration, revealing more complexity, and opening up aromas and flavors.
On the palate, decanted wine expresses higher levels of fruit in red wines and tends to integrate and smooth out tannins.
We offer a wide range of elegant machine-blown and extravagant hand-made decanters to honor good wines with the treatment they deserve.
Every hand-made product is crafted by highly talented master glass blowers, using glass making techniques which date back more than 2000 years.
All decanters are made from crystal glass suitable for every lifestyle and available at every price range.
Every single decanter is a must-have for wine lovers.
Frequently asked questions
For a perfect result:
- Wash under warm water, detergent is not necessary.
- Place on line to drain for the time begin.
- For extra shine, steam over boiling water.
To polish use microfiber polishing cloths: Hold glass by base and polish. Use left hand to cradle the bowl and polish with your right hand. Never twist the base and bowl.
To avoid scratches: Avoid contact with other glass or metal. lf available use a stemware rack.
To avoid stains: Use soft water (low mineral content).
To remove stains: Use white vinegar.