RIEDEL Sommeliers Zinfandel/Riesling Grand Cru
The Riesling glass is perfect for balancing the high acidity and residual sugar of fruit-forward white wines. This shape is the most versatile white wine glass in the RIEDEL range. It helps to balance the fresh characters and high mineral components, emphasising the wonderful fruit aromas.
Sommeliers was the world’s first wine friendly glass collection and a design revolution created by Claus J. RIEDEL (9th generation). The range adheres to the Bauhaus design principle of form follows function, as Claus J. RIEDEL had discovered that certain wines showed more depth and better balance when enjoyed from certain shapes. Thin-blown and unadorned, Sommeliers was the beginning of RIEDEL's dominance of the global wine glass market.
This packaging contains a single piece.
Handmade and dishwasher safe.
Riesling Smaragd, Marsannay rosé, Welschriesling, Dolcetto, Zierfandler, Rivaner, Bardolino, Daiginjo (Ricewine), Riesling, Jurançon Sec, Riesling (Spätlese/late harvest dry), Dornfelder, Côtes de Provence, Scheurebe, Godello, Schilcher, Beaujolais Nouveau, Mosel-Saar-Ruwer, Alsace Grand Cru, Côtes du Rhône Rosé, Vernaccia, Blauer Portugieser, Zinfandel, Primitivo, Smaragd, Rosé
Year of design 1991
Volume 380.0 ccm
Height 226.0 mm
Box quantity 1.0
Type of Manufacturing handmade
- RIEDEL glasses are dishwasher safe. RIEDEL exclusively recommends MIELE
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass
- Wash at boiling temperature (to kill bacteria) with odorless soap
- Should be machine washed at min. 170° F/75° C
- Never use fabric softener when rinsing your microfiber polishing cloth (avoids grease film on surface)
The introduction of the SOMMELIERS series in 1973 achieved worldwide recognition. A glass was born that turns a sip into a celebration - a wine’s best friend - fine-tuned to match the grape! We invite you to share this fascinating and unique experience. You don’t need to be a wine writer, a wine maker or an expert to taste the difference that a RIEDEL glass can make.