RIEDEL Vinum Riesling Grand Cru/Zinfandel
The Riesling Grand Cru/Zinfandel glass is perfect for balancing the high acidity and residual sugar of fruit-forward white and red wines. This shape is the most versatile white wine glass in the RIEDEL range, however it also works perfectly well for a few red wines, like Zinfandel. It helps to balance the fresh characters and high mineral components, emphasising the wonderful fruit aromas.
Vinum is RIEDEL's basic varietal specific stemmed series. Designed in 1986 by 10th generation glassmaker Georg J. Riedel, Vinum was created to ensure every wine lover could afford varietal-specific glassware. Based on the handmade Sommeliers range, machine production means Vinum can be offered at a more accessible price.
Machine-made and dishwasher safe.
We celebrate 265 years of RIEDEL business. We have launched a collection of value packs to celebrate this momentous occasion, featuring some of our most popular products in festive new packaging. Have someone you’d like to celebrate? Gift them a RIEDEL Anniversary Set.
This pack contains 6 pieces and is packed in a special anniversary packaging.
Year of design 2021
Volume 400.0 ccm
Height 210.0 mm
Box quantity 6.0
Type of Manufacturing machine-made
- RIEDEL glasses are dishwasher safe. RIEDEL exclusively recommends MIELE
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass
- Wash at boiling temperature (to kill bacteria) with odorless soap
- Should be machine washed at min. 170° F/75° C
- Never use fabric softener when rinsing your microfiber polishing cloth (avoids grease film on surface)
Vinum became the first machine-made glass in history to be based on the characteristics of grape varietals. VINUM was not developed on a drawing board, but in tasting workshops, based on performance, where the content commands the shape. The pleasure of enjoying fine wine starts with the right glass.