All RIEDEL glasses are dishwasher safe, excluding VINUM GOLD and VINUM PLATINUM. For perfect glass care, RIEDEL exclusively recommends using a Miele dishwasher. In adherence with the manufacturer‘s instructions, a Miele dishwasher ensures the long lasting brilliance of your fine RIEDEL glassware. For more information, visit www.mieleglasscare.com
RIEDEL Black Series Collector's Edition Montrachet
The Montrachet glass is perfect to reveal the intensity of full-bodied white wines, including the wine's multi-layered aromas. With a larger volume, the wide open-mouthed bowl enables the rich bouquet to develop its wonderfully diverse range of aromas, emphasizing the finesse while minimizing the risk of richer style white wines becoming over-concentrated.
This pack contains a single glass.
Handmade and dishwasher safe.
Riesling Smaragd, St. Aubin, Montrachet, Chardonnay (oaked), Meursault, Riesling (Spätlese/late harvest dry), Corton-Charlemagne, Burgundy (white), Pouilly-Fuissé, Morillon (unoaked), Smaragd
Year of design 2013
Volume 500.0 ccm
Height 229.0 mm
Box quantity 1.0
Type of Manufacturing handmade
- RIEDEL glasses are dishwasher safe. RIEDEL exclusively recommends MIELE
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass
- Wash at boiling temperature (to kill bacteria) with odorless soap
- Should be machine washed at min. 170° F/75° C
- Never use fabric softener when rinsing your microfiber polishing cloth (avoids grease film on surface)
Black Series Collector's Edtion
SOMMELIERS, the world’s first wine-friendly glass series, presents itself in new attire. SOMMELIERS BLACK SERIES COLLECTOR'S EDITION is made from black crystal glass. Adding cobalt and manganese turns the crystal glass black. This cools much quicker than transparent glass, posing an additional challenge for the glass makers. The manufacturing process is further complicated because the R-Black Series Collector's Edition has a red glass string overlaid with clear glass. Although the Black Series can obviously be used as a drinking glass, we see it more as a particularly beautiful design object, which highlights the unique styling and proportions of the Sommeliers series. The original Sommeliers series comprised 10 shapes. The shapes were determined by the age of the wine and the various wine qualities. The current glass series was adapted under the aegis of Georg J. RIEDEL, with special glass shapes being developed in workshops. Highly experienced wine experts, such as Robert Parker, or winemakers, such as Gaja, Guigal and Robert Mondavi, contributed their knowledge to help fine-tune the RIEDEL glass shapes. The Sommeliers shapes have since become a benchmark for the industry and are now copied by many other glass manufacturers.
Frequently asked questions
All current produced items are made of crystal glass and lead free.
For a perfect result:
- Wash under warm water, detergent is not necessary.
- Place on line to drain for the time begin.
- For extra shine, steam over boiling water.
To polish use microfiber polishing cloths: Hold glass by base and polish. Use left hand to cradle the bowl and polish with your right hand. Never twist the base and bowl.
To avoid scratches: Avoid contact with other glass or metal. lf available use a stemware rack.
To avoid stains: Use soft water (low mineral content).
To remove stains: Use white vinegar.
We do not have measurements to offer on each glass in regards to the thinness of the lip, but all RIEDEL glasses are beautiful thin blown crystal. Our rims are “cut”, which allows the wine to flow smoothly onto the tongue vs. being “rolled” which obstructs the smooth flow of the wine which accentuates acidity and harshness.