RIEDEL Sommeliers Riesling Grand Cru/Zinfandel
The Riesling Grand Cru/Zinfandel glass is perfect for balancing the high acidity and residual sugar of fruit-forward white and red wines. This shape is the most versatile white wine glass in the RIEDEL range, however it also works perfectly well for a few red wines, like Zinfandel. It helps to balance the fresh characters and high mineral components, emphasising the wonderful fruit aromas.
Sommeliers was the world’s first variental specific glass collection and a design revolution created by Claus J. Riedel (9th generation). The range adheres to the Bauhaus design principle of form follows function, as Claus J. Riedel had discovered that certain wines showed more depth and better balance when enjoyed from certain shapes. Thin-blown and unadorned, Sommeliers was the beginning of RIEDEL's dominance of the global wine glass market.
Handmade and dishwasher safe.
Our master glassmakers individually craft each item so every piece has a unique character. Due to the nature of crafting, small tolerances in the size and weight of each product, tiny bubbles, imperfections, or slight surface variations are an acceptable part of the process.
We celebrate 265 years of RIEDEL business. We have launched a collection of value packs to celebrate this momentous occasion, featuring some of our most popular products in festive new packaging. Have someone you’d like to celebrate? Gift them a RIEDEL Anniversary Set.
This pack contains 2 pieces and is packed in a special anniversary packaging.
Year of design 2021
Volume 380.0 ccm
Height 226.0 mm
Box quantity 2.0
Type of Manufacturing handmade
- RIEDEL glasses are dishwasher safe. RIEDEL exclusively recommends MIELE
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass
- Wash at boiling temperature (to kill bacteria) with odorless soap
- Should be machine washed at min. 170° F/75° C
- Never use fabric softener when rinsing your microfiber polishing cloth (avoids grease film on surface)
The introduction of the SOMMELIERS series in 1973 achieved worldwide recognition. A glass was born that turns a sip into a celebration - a wine’s best friend - fine-tuned to match the grape! We invite you to share this fascinating and unique experience. You don’t need to be a wine writer, a wine maker or an expert to taste the difference that a RIEDEL glass can make.