All current produced items are made of crystal glass and lead free.
RIEDEL Performance Restaurant Shiraz
The Shiraz glass is perfect for balancing the gripping tannins and concentrated fruit typical of medium-bodied red wines.
This shape was developed between 1993-1995 following sensory workshops in major Shiraz growing regions, and has become the most versatile red wine shape in the RIEDEL range. With a slightly tapered opening, the large bowl develops the intense aromas, and demontrates mouthfilling fruit, dignified structure, and a long sweet finish on the palate.
The optic impact in the RIEDEL Performance series adds both a design feature and an astounding effect on wine's aromatics.
This pack contains six glasses.
Machine-made and dishwasher safe.
Zweigelt, Sangiovese, Valpolicella, Côtes du Ventoux, Nero d'Avola, Barbera, Priorato, Norton, St. Joseph (red), Touriga Nacional, Syrah Old World, Côtes du Roussillon, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Côtes du Rhône Rouge, Cannonau, Saperavi, Cornas, Mourvèdre, Hermitage (Rouge), Cahors, Carignan, Montsant, Grenache/Granacha, Madiran, Côte Rôtie, Amarone, Blaufränkisch, Crozes Hermitage, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (rouge)
Year of design 2018
Volume 631.0 ccm
Height 245.0 mm
Box quantity 1.0
Type of Manufacturing machine-made
- RIEDEL glasses are dishwasher safe. RIEDEL exclusively recommends MIELE
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass
- Wash at boiling temperature (to kill bacteria) with odorless soap
- Should be machine washed at min. 170° F/75° C
- Never use fabric softener when rinsing your microfiber polishing cloth (avoids grease film on surface)
Elegant Dinner for 2
With three generations of research, development and experience in creating functional, grape varietal specific glassware, Georg and Maximilian Riedel challenged themselves to improve on what had gone before. The result is Performance – a technologically advanced and user-friendly collection of grape varietal specific glasses. Performance is the first Riedel wine glass series ever to feature bowls with a light optic effect. Detailed research by the Riedel family, aimed at improving the organoleptic wine experience, revealed that increasing the inner surface area of the glass had a positive impact on the perception of the bouquet and flavour of the wine. This was achieved through a unique optical effect, which not only adds a pleasing visual aspect to the bowl, but also increases the inner surface area, allowing the wine to open up and to fully show every aroma and subtle nuance. Consisting of seven machine-made, lightweight, durable and dishwasher-safe shapes, Performance glasses are executed in sparkling crystal glass and feature fine stems and large stable bases. The new bowl shapes in Performance, when combined with the optic effect, deliver ultimate wine enjoyment, making Performance the new essential ‘must-have’ wine glass collection.
Frequently asked questions
For a perfect result:
- Wash under warm water, detergent is not necessary.
- Place on line to drain for the time begin.
- For extra shine, steam over boiling water.
To polish use microfiber polishing cloths: Hold glass by base and polish. Use left hand to cradle the bowl and polish with your right hand. Never twist the base and bowl.
To avoid scratches: Avoid contact with other glass or metal. lf available use a stemware rack.
To avoid stains: Use soft water (low mineral content).
To remove stains: Use white vinegar.
We do not have measurements to offer on each glass in regards to the thinness of the lip, but all RIEDEL glasses are beautiful thin blown crystal. Our rims are “cut”, which allows the wine to flow smoothly onto the tongue vs. being “rolled” which obstructs the smooth flow of the wine which accentuates acidity and harshness.