Caution – the indented design feature of this decanter must not be used as a handle. Do not insert any item into the indented area.
RIEDEL Decanter Face To Face R.Q.
Caution - the indented design feature of this decanter must not be used as a handle. Do not insert your hand or any item into the indented area. The soaring Face to Face decanter features two concave profiles facing one another in the interior of the vessel. These are the profiles of the 11th generation RIEDELs, Laetizia and Maximilian, and this innovative element doubles as both a bold design and as paddles.
With its long graceful neck, this decanter is ideal for invigorating young wines. By shaking the wine until a foam cap develops, it achieves the maximum effect of oxygen on young tannins.
Like the rest of the Black Tie collection, Face to Face is dressed up with a black tuxedo stripe that extends gracefully from top to bottom. This is achieved by introducing a rod of black crystal into the molten glass before the decanter has been formed.
This decanter is designed for a single bottle of wine.
This pack contains a single piece.
This product is handmade. Please handwash only.
The RIEDEL Bottle Cleaner cannot be used with this product as they can become lodged and unable to remove.
RQ = this item is supplied as "Restaurant Quality" meaning that it may contain small imperfections when compared to the same item in "best quality" and, as such, is offered at a special purchase price exclusively for use in restaurants.
Year of design 2009
Volume 1766.0 ccm
Height 600.0 mm
Box quantity 1.0
Type of Manufacturing handmade
- RIEDEL glasses are dishwasher safe. RIEDEL exclusively recommends MIELE
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass
- Wash at boiling temperature (to kill bacteria) with odorless soap
- Should be machine washed at min. 170° F/75° C
- Never use fabric softener when rinsing your microfiber polishing cloth (avoids grease film on surface)
Frequently asked questions
Tips from Georg Riedel:
After use, rinse the decanter thoroughly with warm water until the water runs clear. Do not use soap. No one has drunk from the decanter and alcohol is a natural disinfectant.
RQ = this item is supplied as 'Restaurant Quality' meaning that it may contain small imperfections when compared to the same item in 'best quality' and, as such, is offered at a special purchase price exclusively for use in restaurants. RIEDEL tip: use bottle cleaners to remove stains inside the decanter.