RIEDEL Performance Cabernet
The Cabernet glass is perfect for full-bodied, complex red wines that are high in tannin.
The generous size of this glass allows the bouquet to develop fully, and smooths out the rough edges. It emphasises the fruit, playing down the bitter qualities of the tannin, and allows wines to achieve balance. As part of the Performance series, this shape was re-developed in 2018 for better aromatics.
The optic impact in the RIEDEL Performance series adds both a design feature and an astounding effect on wine's aromatics.
This pack contains two glasses.
Machine-made and dishwasher safe.
Brunello di Montalcino, Bordeaux (red), Cabernet Sauvignon, St. Emilion, Listrac, Moulis, Margaux, St. Estèphe, Cabernet Franc, Fronsac, Petit Verdot, Montepulciano, Merlot, Médoc, Carménère, Graves rouge, Pauillac, St. Julien, Pomerol, Pessac Leognan (Rouge)
Year of design 2018
Volume 29.418 oz
Height 9.646 inch
Box quantity 2.0
Type of Manufacturing machine-made
- RIEDEL glasses are dishwasher safe. RIEDEL exclusively recommends MIELE
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass
- Wash at boiling temperature (to kill bacteria) with odorless soap
- Should be machine washed at min. 170° F/75° C
- Never use fabric softener when rinsing your microfiber polishing cloth (avoids grease film on surface)
With three generations of research,development and experience in creatingwine specific glassware Georg Riedel & Maximilian J. Riedel have created Performance; the ultimate loudspeakerfor fine wine. Lightweight, durable and dishwasher safe, Performance glasses are executed in sparkling crystal glass, and feature long fine stems and large stable bases. Performance’s unique optic impact not only adds a pleasing visual aspect tothe bowl, but also increases the innersurface area, allowing the wine to open upand to fully show every aroma and subtlenuance. The grape varietal specific shapesin Performance, when combined with theoptic impact, deliver ultimate wine enjoyment, making Performance the new essential ‘must-have’ wine glass collection for all wine-lovers.