RIEDEL Vinum Syrah/Shiraz/Tempranillo
The Shiraz glass is perfect for balancing the gripping tannins and concentrated fruit typical of medium-bodied red wines.
This shape was developed between 1993-1995 following sensory workshops in major Shiraz growing regions, and has become the most versatile red wine shape in the RIEDEL range. With a slightly tapered opening, the large bowl develops the intense aromas, and demontrates mouthfilling fruit, dignified structure, and a long sweet finish on the palate.
Vinum is RIEDEL's basic varietal specific stemmed series. Designed in 1986 by 10th generation glassmaker Georg J. Riedel, Vinum was created to ensure every wine lover could afford varietal-specific glassware. Based on the handmade Sommeliers range, machine production means Vinum can be offered at a more accessible price.
Machine-made and dishwasher safe.
This pack contains 2 pieces.
Zweigelt, Cinsault, Bobal, Sangiovese, Teroldego, Valpolicella, St. Laurent, Côtes du Ventoux, Nero d'Avola, Shiraz New World, Barbera, Priorato, Norton, St. Joseph (red), Touriga Nacional, Côtes du Roussillon, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Côtes du Rhône Rouge, Cannonau, Mencia, Pinotage, Saperavi, Lagrein, Cornas, Mourvèdre, Malbec, Hermitage (Rouge), Cahors, Carignan, Montsant, Petite Sirah, Grenache/Granacha, Madiran, Alma Valley, Côte Rôtie, Tannat, Bonarda, Blaufränkisch, Crozes Hermitage, Ribera del Duero, Aglianico, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (rouge)
Year of design 1995
Volume 700.0 ccm
Height 236.0 mm
Box quantity 2.0
Type of Manufacturing machine-made
- RIEDEL glasses are dishwasher safe. RIEDEL exclusively recommends MIELE
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass
- Wash at boiling temperature (to kill bacteria) with odorless soap
- Should be machine washed at min. 170° F/75° C
- Never use fabric softener when rinsing your microfiber polishing cloth (avoids grease film on surface)
Vinum became the first machine-made glass in history to be based on the characteristics of grape varietals. VINUM was not developed on a drawing board, but in tasting workshops, based on performance, where the content commands the shape. The pleasure of enjoying fine wine starts with the right glass.