RIEDEL Vinum Viognier/Chardonnay
The Viognier/Chardonnay glass is perfect for allowing white wines to express their freshness, spiciness, and mineral characters.
This glass is designed so the Viognier variety's low acidity is delivered in a way that sets off the alcohol and rich flavours of the wine. The shape highlights ist velvety, supple texture, emphasizing the fruit and ensuring a long, balanced finish.
Vinum is RIEDEL's basic varietal specific stemmed series. Designed in 1986 by 10th generation glassmaker Georg J. Riedel, Vinum was created to ensure every wine lover could afford varietal-specific glassware. Based on the handmade Sommeliers range, machine production means Vinum can be offered at a more accessible price.
Machine-made and dishwasher safe.
This pack contains 2 pieces.
Ribolla Gialla, Pessac Leognan (Blanc), Airen, Kerner, Chardonnay (unoaked), Chablis, Noilly Prat, Timorasso, Pinot (Blanc, Grigio, Gris), Grenache Blanc/Granacha Blanca, Albariño, Muscadet, Verdicchio, Friulano, Trebbiano, Côtes du Rhône Blanc, Brandy, Falanghina, Treixadura, Fiano, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (blanc), Orvieto Classico, Ugni Blanc, Macabeo, Aligoté, Fumé Blanc, Rotgipfler, Roussanne, Viognier, Bordeaux (mature), Corton-Charlemagne, Xarel-Lo, Greco di Tufo, Hermitage (Blanc), Muscadine, Montagny, St. Joseph (White), Palomino (except Sherry), Morillon (unoaked), Sauvignon Blanc (oaked), Melon de Bourgogne (Muscadet), Auxerrois, Graves blanc, Marsanne, Verdelho
Year of design 1986
Volume 350.0 ccm
Height 198.0 mm
Box quantity 2.0
Type of Manufacturing machine-made
- RIEDEL glasses are dishwasher safe. RIEDEL exclusively recommends MIELE
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass
- Wash at boiling temperature (to kill bacteria) with odorless soap
- Should be machine washed at min. 170° F/75° C
- Never use fabric softener when rinsing your microfiber polishing cloth (avoids grease film on surface)
Vinum became the first machine-made glass in history to be based on the characteristics of grape varietals. VINUM was not developed on a drawing board, but in tasting workshops, based on performance, where the content commands the shape. The pleasure of enjoying fine wine starts with the right glass.