Application and Scope
Definition of Personal information
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect most of our information about you directly from you. For instance, if you create a MYRIEDEL account or guest account, we usually collect your name, address, phone number and email address. If you make an order, we collect payment information. We also collect information about your purchases on the Website and your interaction with the Website. If you send us inquiries using the contact form, your details on the inquiry form including the contact data you provide on the form will be stored by us in order to process your inquiry and for the purpose of follow-on inquiries. In the event that you download and/or use any of our applications, we may require and collect, directly from you, information necessary to authenticate you. We may also record your IP geolocation.
We also collect technical information through our Website. For more details, please refer to the Technical Information section below.
RIEDEL Crystal of Canada generally collects personal information from Website visitors and thereafter uses it, for the following purposes:
- to create, establish and administer our users’ account, respond to inquiries and fulfill and process orders;
- to establish, develop and preserve our business relationship with our users;
- to authenticate the identity and preserve the privacy of users contacting us by telephone, electronic means or otherwise;
- for internal training and quality assurance purposes;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- to understand and assess the interests, wants and changing needs of users with a view to improving its products and services, developing new ones and providing personalized products and services;
If you have applied for employment with RIEDEL Crystal of Canada, the personal information submitted with your job application will be used for recruitment and other customary human resources purposes. For example, we may send you information about new job opportunities within RIEDEL Crystal of Canada as well as other career development resources.
Unless required or authorized by law, RIEDEL Crystal of Canada will not collect or use personal information for any other or new purpose without obtaining further consent.
Sharing of Personal Information
- Service providers. We may hire service providers, which may be affiliates, to perform services on our behalf. This includes the shipping company commissioned to perform delivery where this is necessary in order to deliver the ordered goods. We provide service providers with a limited amount of information which is necessary in order for them to provide the services required. They are prohibited from using the information for purposes other than to facilitate and carry out the services they have been engaged to provide. These service providers are not permitted to disclose this information to others. RIEDEL Crystal of Canada will strive to protect personal information disclosed to third parties by contractual agreements.
- Payment processors. In order to process payments, we forward the requisite payment data to the bank commissioned to process the payment and where applicable to payment services providers which we have commissioned/and or to the payment service selected by you during the ordering process.
- As permitted or required by law. From time to time, RIEDEL Crystal of Canada may be compelled to disclose personal information to third parties, including domestic and international governments or regulators, in response to a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, valid demand, search warrant, government investigation or other legally valid request or enquiry. We may also disclose information to our accountants, auditors, agents and lawyers in connection with the enforcement or protection of our legal rights. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful or to law enforcement, or where required or permitted by law. We may release certain personal information when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such release is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others and ourselves, in accordance with or as authorized by law.
- Business transaction. We may disclose personal information to a third party in connection with a sale or transfer of business or assets, an amalgamation, re-organization or financing of parts of our business. However, in the event the transaction is completed, your personal information will remain protected by applicable privacy laws. In the event the transaction is not completed, we will require the other party not to use or disclose your personal information in any manner whatsoever and to completely delete such information.
Only those employees of RIEDEL Crystal of Canada or trusted third party contractors, who need access for business reasons, or whose duties reasonably so require, will be granted access to personal information about users.
This Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files stored on your computer to enable your use of this Website to be analyzed. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this Website is generally transmitted to and stored on a Google server in the United States of America. In the event that IP anonymization is activated on this Website, your IP address will, however, be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states of the Treaty on the European Economic Area. The full IP address will be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there only in exceptional cases.
Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this Website for the purpose of analyzing your use of the Website in order to compile reports on Website activities for the Website operator and to provide it with additional services relating to Website activity and Internet usage. Google will not associate the IP address transmitted under Google Analytics by your browser with other data held by Google. You may prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser software; however, we would point out that in such case you might not be able to use all functions offered by this Website to the full extent. Moreover, you may prevent Google from recording the data (including your IP address) generated by the cookie and pertaining to your use of the Website, and also the processing of such data, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout).
We also use Google Analytics to analyze data from AdWords and the DoubleClick cookie for statistical purposes. If you do not want this, you can deactivate it via the ads preferences manager.
This site uses plugins provided by the Facebook social network operated by Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA. The Facebook plugins are identifiable by the Facebook logo or the “Like button” on our Website. An overview of the Facebook plugs is available here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins
If you visit our Website pages, the plugin will be used to create a direct link between your browser and the Facebook server. This results in Facebook receiving the information that you have visited our Website via your IP address. If you click on the “Like button” while you are logged into your Facebook account, you can link the contents of our Website to your Facebook profile. Facebook can thus assign the visit to our Website to your user account. Please note that, as provider of the Website, we do not receive any information about the content of the transmitted data or their use by Facebook. Further information on this is available in Facebook’s privacy statement at https://www.facebook.com/policy.php.
If you do not want Facebook to be able to assign the visit to our Website to your Facebook user account, please log out of your Facebook user account.
Our Website incorporates functions of the Instagram service. These functions are offered through Instagram Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA, 94025, USA. If you are logged into your Instagram account, you can link the content of our Website with your Instagram profile by clicking on the Instagram button. Instagram can thus assign the visit to our Website to your user account. Please note that, as provider of the Website, we do not receive any information about the content of the transmitted data or their use by Instagram.
Further information on this can be found in Instagram’s privacy statement: http://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy
Our Website uses social plugins of the Pinterest social network, which is operated by Pinterest Inc., 635 High Street, Palo Alto, CA, 94301, USA (“Pinterest”). When you call up a Website that includes a plugin of this type, your browser establishes a direct connection with Pinterest’s servers. The plugin transfers protocol data to Pinterest’s servers in the USA. These protocol data may contain your IP address, the address of Websites visited which also contain Pinterest functions, the browser type and settings, date and time of the inquiry, the way you use Pinterest, and cookies.
Our Website incorporates functions of the Twitter service. These functions are offered by Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA. When you use Twitter and the “Re-tweet” function, the Websites visited by you are linked to your Twitter account and notified to other users. Data are also transmitted to Twitter. Please note that, as provider of the Website, we do not receive any information about the content of the transmitted data or their use by Twitter. Further information on this is available in Twitter’s privacy statement
You can change your data protection settings for Twitter in the account settings at http://twitter.com/account/settings.
We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise RIEDEL Crystal of Canada across the Internet and to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to our Websites. AdWords remarketing will display ads to you based on what parts of the RIEDEL Crystal of Canada Website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who haven’t completed a task on our site or this could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a site in the Google Display Network. This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device. The cookie is only used to indicate to other websites that you have visited a particular page on our Website, so that they may show you ads relating to that page. If you do not wish to participate in our Google AdWords Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager.
Consent and Withdrawal of Consent
Consent may be withdrawn at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice; however, without such consent, RIEDEL Crystal of Canada may limit the services or products it is able to provide users. You may also withdraw your consent as follows:
- Marketing and quality control communications. You may decide that you prefer RIEDEL Crystal of Canada not to use your personal information to promote new and/or additional products and/or services which may be of interest to you and refuse that we contact you by mail or telephone for marketing purposes or by email or telephone for quality control purposes. If this is the case, you may advise us by contacting customer service or contacting us using the information detailed in the How to Contact Us section below.
- Commercial Electronic Communications. In compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), you can always limit the communications that RIEDEL Crystal of Canada sends to you, including if you have subscribed to our newsletter. To opt-out of commercial emails, simply click the link labeled “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” at the bottom of any commercial electronic communication we send you. Please note that even if you opt-out of promotional communications, we may still need to contact you with important information about your account.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. To purchase our products, you must obtain the consent of your parent or legal guardian if you are under the age of majority and such consent is a requirement in the jurisdiction of your residence. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child without parental confirmation, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us using the contact information detailed in the How to Contact Us section below.
Personal Information Outside of Canada
Security of Personal Information
We will use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access. RIEDEL Crystal of Canada has implemented security measures that contain administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to safeguard your personal information. For example, we use industry-standard encryption technology to secure sensitive personal information when it is being collected and transmitted over the Internet as well as firewalls, site monitoring and intrusion detection software.
Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected and for which consent was received, unless otherwise required by law. For example, we usually retain information as long as we need to provide services to a user, and for a period of 3 years after the business relationship ends, unless otherwise compelled by the law to retain such information, or in the case of a litigation, or potential litigation. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfil the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous. RIEDEL Crystal of Canada has developed and implemented detailed retention principles, and will ensure destruction of personal information in a method that prevents improper access.
Access and Correction
RIEDEL Crystal of Canada respects your right to access and correct your personal information. If you have an online account with us, you can log into My Account at any time to access and update the information you have provided to us. Additionally, RIEDEL Crystal of Canada complies with all laws regarding access and correction. If you need assistance updating your personal information, please contact us using the contact information detailed in the How to Contact Us section below.
Privacy Policies of Third Parties
How to Contact Us