RIEDEL Sommeliers Hermitage
The Hermitage glass is perfect for balancing the fruit pepper and spice aromas, and gripping tannins often found in medium-bodied red wines.
Its accentuated egg-shaped bowl brings forward the soft fruit, earthy characteristics, and highlights a long savoury finish. It brings out the wine's silky, velvety structure and balanced flavors.
This pack contains a single glass.
Handmade and dishwasher safe.
Zweigelt, Sangiovese, Valpolicella, Côtes du Ventoux, Nero d'Avola, Barbera, Priorato, Norton, St. Joseph (red), Touriga Nacional, Syrah Old World, Côtes du Roussillon, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Côtes du Rhône Rouge, Cannonau, Cornas, Mourvèdre, Hermitage (Rouge), Cahors, Carignan, Montsant, Madiran, Côte Rôtie, Amarone, Blaufränkisch, Crozes Hermitage, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (rouge)
Year of design 1995
Volume 590.0 ccm
Height 235.0 mm
Box quantity 1.0
Type of Manufacturing handmade
- RIEDEL glasses are dishwasher safe. RIEDEL exclusively recommends MIELE
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass
- Wash at boiling temperature (to kill bacteria) with odorless soap
- Should be machine washed at min. 170° F/75° C
- Never use fabric softener when rinsing your microfiber polishing cloth (avoids grease film on surface)
The introduction of the SOMMELIERS series in 1973 achieved worldwide recognition. A glass was born that turns a sip into a celebration - a wine’s best friend - fine-tuned to match the grape! We invite you to share this fascinating and unique experience. You don’t need to be a wine writer, a wine maker or an expert to taste the difference that a RIEDEL glass can make.