Most people, when they think about Mexican Food, they think about Burritos. No wonder, these delicious stuffed tortillas can be filled with everything you like, your favorite meat, cheese and veggies. With an endless range of ingredients, it is easy to find a burrito that you and your tastebuds will love. Discover with us fun facts about Burritos, a delicious Burrito recipe and how to correctly fold a burrito.
1. Wash the tomatoes, cut out the stalk and cut into quarters. Wash the spring onions, cut off the ends and cut into fine rings. Finely chop the chili pepper. Mix tomato paste with minced meat, season with cinnamon and cumin.
2. Heat canola oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add minced meat and fry for 5-8 minutes until crumbly. Add tomatoes as well as pineapple juice to the minced meat and simmer on low heat for another 5 minutes. Stir in chili. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile, wash the lettuce and cut into strips. Remove the skin and stone from the avocado and cut the flesh into wedges. Cut the jalapeños into rings. Drain the corn and beans. Finely grate the cheddar cheese
4. Place the wheat tortillas in a separate pan and toast for about 30 seconds without oil. Spread the grated cheddar cheese in the middle of the tortillas, leaving about 2 cm uncovered at the top and bottom. Let the cheese melt and remove the tortillas from the pan.
5. While the tortillas are still warm, fill them first with the minced tomato sauce, then with lettuce, corn, beans, avocado, jalapeños, and some scallions. Fold in the short sides of the tortillas, then fold the long side in tightly over the filling and roll up.