Tiroler Glashütte employees are subject to the confidentiality provisions of the European General Data Protection Regulation. We take the protection of your personal data very seriously. We treat your personal data in confidence and in accordance with statutory data protection provisions and this privacy statement.
This policy applies to, and is intended for, the use of persons residing in Australia, and for the delivery of products and services within Australia.
Information Collected on Our Website
We collect information from you online when you purchase merchandise through our website shop.australia.com.au in order to ensure a quality on-line shopping experience. When you purchase merchandise through our website, we will ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information such as your name, billing address, e-mail address, telephone number(s), credit card number and shipping information (name and address for shipping if it differs from your billing address).
Riedel collects and uses personally identifiable information in a limited number of ways. We use the information we collect to complete transactions, to track and verify orders, to send you information about promotional or special offers (if you have so requested), and to respond to your inquiries.
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
We collect the following types of personally identifiable information through our website:
- Information You Give Us: We collect information you give us, such as your name, billing address, e-mail address, telephone number(s), credit card number and shipping information (name and address for shipping if it differs from your billing address), when you purchase a product, use a service, participate in a promotion, or register with us in the “My Account” section on our website. We may also collect information about someone other than you, including that person’s name, shipping or mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address when you purchase a gift, gift certificate, or perform a similar transaction for the benefit of a third person on our website.
- Information We Collect Automatically: We automatically collect certain types of information whenever you interact with us on our website, such as your IP address and the type of Web browser you use. This information may be linked to personally identifiable information if you have registered with us in the “My Account” section of our website.
- Information We Obtain from Other Sources: We may obtain information about you from outside sources and add it to, or combine it with, your personally identifiable information, including information such as:
1. Credit information that allows us to complete transactions of Riedel products and services;
2. Commercially available demographic and marketing information from third parties that allow us to improve our quality of service to you and inform you of products and service that may be of interest to you; an.
3. Update delivery and address information from our shipping agents and other source, which allows us to maintain current and accurate records to improve our quality of service for your benefit.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you, and we or they may contact you about these by e-mail.
Information Shared with Third Parties
We do not share your personally identifiable information with other third parties, with certain exceptions. We share your information with certain third parties, such as processors of credit card transactions, who help us perform the functions just described. We also may share information when we are legally required to do so, such as in the case of an investigation, legal process, or other legal proceeding. We also may share information to protect against misuse or unauthorised use of our website. In addition, we may share information to limit our legal liability and to protect our rights or property, our website, or the rights or property of our customers or members of the public.
Our Use of IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report “aggregate information” to our advertisers. “Aggregate Information” is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns that we collect, from which individual customer identities have been removed.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. The encryption process converts the characters that you enter into code that is then securely transmitted over the Internet. When you place an order, a small padlock will appear at the bottom of your browser indicating that any information provided cannot be viewed by a third party.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
Riedel does not knowingly collect, either actively or passively, any information, including personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not provide personally identifiable information of any kind whatsoever.
If it is brought to our attention that a user is under age, we will immediately remove all personally identifiable information from our records in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
Making Changes to Your Personal Information
You can access and edit any of the personally identifiable information that you have provided by entering your e-mail address and password and using the “Update Account” feature in the “My Account” section. You may also change your personal information in your account profile. You may also be able to change your profile by writing us at RSN Australia P/L, 201/32 Walker Street, North Sydney NSW 2060.
Our Policy on Contacting You
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you or where you have consented.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form). In addition, you can opt out of receiving such communications from us at any time by following instructions provided at the bottom of the e-mail communication or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective date: July 11, 2008